Monday, March 28, 2011

VSOP. Mera # 1

The awareness of the little use of my past and possibly my future came to me after an agonising semester. Agonising to such an extent that "I didn't want to live with myself". The thought kept repeating itself in an infinite for loop. For(i=0;i>-1;i++) it seemed! And once my internal journey to discover my "real" self began, my sufferings and agony seemed to vanish!  I wanted to stay and complete my graduation here. I was in joy. The thing was I was carrying it all the while without realizing it. To explain let me quote a parable. A box was the permanent sitting place of a roadside beggar. He would ask for change from the people. One such passerby not having anything to give him asked him how long he was seated there. Having lost count he replied negatively. The man asked him what he was sitting on. He replied "nothing", and to just please the persistent man he open the box. To his astonishment it contained gold coins. Looking back I feel like that beggar in the story during the first six months of my stay in Trichy!

Then on it was a smooth journey. As the journey of my graduation comes to an end with today being the last working day of my college and graduation. Only the formality of exams are left for me to depart! Here are the few things I would miss from this place during 9th July 2008 - 25th Mar 2011!

#10
My "Recognised" status in my college. I was probably one of the very few students who was known in all of the college (for the right reasons ofcourse!). As I was associated directly of indirectly with all the departments atleast once in the three years. I was in my modest opinion "The best amongst worst of students" of my place, who is otherwise just an above average student!

#9
The hostel. All through it may have not been the best place to stay as far as academics is concerned, but I vouch that it is one of the better places to stay with a lots of freedom and good amenities (not considering the food though). Had lots of fun with seniors, pals and juniors. Taking lots of memories home.

#8
The amount of competitions that take place in this part of India is enormous. An inspiration that kept me going with the urge to outperform myself! Be it the Rotary competitions or those organised by other colleges. They were great.

#7
BARD Fest. The annual cultural fest of our University was always an event I looked forward to with a lots of anticipation. It gave me immense pride to always represent my college and representing my University in last year's South Zone cultural festival was an all time high. The events gave me lot of contacts and some BFFs!

#6
The staff of my college who more often than not have really helped me and always been a place I could fallback in case of need. They have been a wonderful support.

#5
The times I used to get to stay away from college owing to the steady flow of competitions I used to attend. No one used to question me. Not that I was a very good student, just that they knew "a known devil is better than an unknown angel"!

#4
My dear friends who for most part of the year used to write my assignments and records. To be honest more than 99% of my paperwork was done by them. Not that I imposed it on them just that they were too eager to do it for me. This reinforces the already known fact of me being dead lazy when it comes to writing anything.

#3
My class friends who were ever supportive in all the initiatives I undertake and provided wth lots of good memories.Good or bad, looking back now it seems fun.

#2
My college lab provided with some very amusing incidents with students and staff alike(Hehe). Lab was always fun because of friends around and second year onwards I've always managed to finished the whole of my programs in a couple of lab sessions while the whole lot used to sit with it for the whole semester. Latea vandalum latesta vanden :P

#1
The feeling of standing near the window outside my class and having my ID card tag wound around my hand swinging it to and fro, instead of having it around my neck. Then scanning the horizons to be on the lookout for the staff!

Am sure ten years on when I'll look back, these will be the special memories and the people associated with it
my....  
Very Special Old Pals

1 comment:

Unknown said...

excellent. heart touching. i think it will be a sweet memory even during my las days.... keep writing more.. my best wishes.