Friday, October 28, 2011

Guest post # 1


This is the 1st time am having someone write a guest post for my blog. Well it happens to be none other than my dear friend Manali Shah. I was bugging her to write me a guest post for a couple of days now and today afternoon she happened to mail me this small write-up she had written earlier this morning. When I insisted her to post it on her blog she reacted by asking me use this as my guest post! Well I did....

The post:-


A page from the diary of a Person Who Fears Being Masochistic



I want to feel pain, I want to feel loss. So far, my life has been one happy ride. Am I complaining? Yes. I want to feel the suffering that Adele sings about. I can sense her agony, her hurt, but not relate to it. I want to feel soul crushed. And then come out smiling, ready to love again. Confident, and with faith. Can you expect a person to feel true bliss without having experienced heartache and longing first?

So then I worry about whether or not I have a wide range of emotions inside of me. Am I a cold person? Was I always one, or did I become one when I decided to toughen up, tired of being vulnerable and having my break broken, multiple times. I do not remember. I do remember being deeply saddened by the plight of unimaginable poor people that actually constitutes the country I am supposed to resonate with pride about, India. I do remember wanting to cry because hardly anyone I could see was leading happy, honest lives. Sure, you could say now to me, “Begin to change the world, one person at a time.” I am sorry, that is too slow for me. Too painful. Yes, I have given up, without even trying. Given up on humanity and humans. Am I, then, indifferent? Unfortunately, I have not been able to not care.

What kind of a person does that make me? Too scared to jump right into deep love, too weary of people, too angry at the world, too unable to stop giving a damn, too impossible to stay apathetic.

I suppose what I am saying is, I’m on the fence. And it never is comfortable there, is it?


Comments:-

1) The starting lines of the post impressed me the most. I loved the strong beginning.
2) The statement "Can you feel..... first?", is thought provoking and so damn true. Made me realise only if you have the dearth of a thing do you actually understand its value.
3) The ending abrupt yet tantalising.


P.S. To check Manali Shah's blog click here.

5 comments:

Anish Vyavahare said...

Yups, excellent beginning. Starts out dark. Like, d.a.r.k. Ends very differently :)

Kavi said...

This has to be the best & most intense post you've ever written Manali! Loved it!

Manali said...

Hey Anish, thanks a lot! Glad you stopped by! :D :D

Red Handed said...

That is soo thought provoking. Something that wud be etched in my mind for some time.
I did not hav to think twice before clicking the link to check her blog out

Manali said...

Hey Kavi, thanks, babe :)

@Red Handed: Wow, that's saying something! And thank you for checking my blog out :)