Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Freedom?? BALLS!!


Yesterday I was sitting at home time-passing with my family. Suddenly my aunt asks me to pass the scissor. I give it in her hand but she refused to take it and asked me to keep it on the ground. She said that as it is we always keep fighting , I don't want to aggravate it so I wont take it from your hand. I was pissed at the superstition and said that India and its customs suck. I said that because my sister who is in her 10 grade always keeps saying INDIA ROX and I just wanted to irritate her. Suddenly all the heads in the room turned towards me, started shouting at me and I ended up being getting almost disowned by the family. Am sure had they been in power they would have deported me from India. So I wrote the following status on Facebook and look at the reactions I got...

Ghante ka INDEPENDENCE DAY :/
I cant even say out loud that INDIA SUX w/o ten ppl trying to inpugn my INDIANess :@

MORAL OF THE DAY:- INDIA SUX :@ :@ :@
Yesterday at 17:12 · Privacy: · Unlike · 
You and Ml Ranganathan like this.

Abhijeet Shinde Desh Drohi :P
Yesterday at 17:28 · Like ·  1 person

Ashwin Kukreja so where do you want to migrate ? canada, australia ?
Yesterday at 17:29 · Like

Achuthan Raman ChariAshwin C C.. this is wat i was talking abt... I never said i wanna leave.. I love it here. But the fact is that it sucks. This INDIAN attitude of OURS that i dont like. :(
Yesterday at 17:36 · Like

Ashwin Kukreja indulge in constructive criticism by all means. No one's gonna object. But there are people who dont want to make even small changes in their own lives. These guys will go abroad, follow all rules and when they're back they'll spit on the streets. These kinda guys deserve to be kicked out of this country. So when you say India sux, in the same breath offer a possible solution. That'll make it constructive, creative and positive.
Yesterday at 17:45 · Unlike ·  3 people

Ashwin Kukreja u also must understand that you cannot say "india sux" so loosely, you are touching a raw nerve in people who are grateful to this country for whatever they are. We are living here, earning here, we respect this country for whatever it is. Sure there are numerous things which suck big time but whatever it is, we are here. We must eliminate those things to whatever extent we can. There's a lot of talk going on about changes which shd happen but it wont happen overnight. BUt whatever it is, we cannot deride our country so casually .
Yesterday at 17:53 · Unlike ·  6 people

Pratik Kambli Achutan u will get u Ass Kicked...!!
Yesterday at 18:15 · Like

Viswanathan Bala Fuck off dude.. If any true Indian heard u saying that, u would be updating ur status frm hell right now.
Yesterday at 18:19 · Like ·  1 person

Pratik Kambli Vichi ....Howz u ?? Ill be the one to send him there....:X
Yesterday at 18:20 · Like

Viswanathan Bala bhej saale ko .. and dont forget to record the video of his death. We will post it here. Let us put an end to this bastards misery.
Yesterday at 18:21 · Like ·  1 person

Pritesh Veera Thats sad...
I m proud of my india
Yesterday at 19:10 · Like ·  1 person

Ml Ranganathan ‎2day people are celebrating independence day by putting badge and flags in hands.but tomorow the same badge will be kept aside,flags may b thrown in the distbins or road side.is this wht we call respect to india.i dont believe and agree in this.if u really want to respect ur country try to respect your flag first.
Yesterday at 19:13 · Like

Pritesh Veera Free your self from chain of impossed thoughts n experience d freedom 2 be free...
Achutan see want this nation has given to us....
If u hav a problem with attiude of people 1st we need to change our attitude n then may b expect from others....
Common bro bug up...
Yesterday at 19:17 · Like ·  1 person

Achuthan Raman Chari ‎Viswanathan Bala I have the freedom to think and say watever i want..
Pratik saaale bol bacchan, u have still have the OPTION of UNFRIENDING me from ur list.. hehe :P
Yesterday at 19:27 · Like

Pritesh Veera So is that the solution
Yesterday at 19:29 · Like

Achuthan Raman ChariAshwin I aint saying the country is bad.. jus the way ppl have kept it all these 60-odd years... The epitome of it is that I at home just told that Indian superstitions sux and all pounced on me... I totally agree with wat u have to say..
Yesterday at 19:29 · Like

Achuthan Raman Chari ‎Pritesh Na.. we all very well know wats the soln and we sure know we aint implementing most of them.. :(
Yesterday at 19:30 · Like ·  1 person

Pritesh Veera So true dude
Yesterday at 19:32 · Unlike ·  2 people

Achuthan Raman Chari MORAL OF THE STORY: WE ALWAYS LOOK AT STATEMENTS AND ACTIONS AND NOT THE EMOTIONS BEHIND IT... :@
Yesterday at 19:32 · Like

Viswanathan Bala ‎Achuthan Raman Chari then wat kind of freedom are u talking abt ?
Yesterday at 19:32 · Like

Viswanathan Bala If u hate the country so much, but still claim to be patriotic. Then what steps have u taken to rectify the system ?
Yesterday at 19:36 · Like ·  1 person

Achuthan Raman Chari ‎Viswanathan My statement/status only meant that we all are all talking abt freedom but when it come to GIVING freedom to others WE ALL lag behind and "INDIA SUX" was jus to lay emphesis and not ridiclue.. DUH am I justifying!!
Yesterday at 19:36 · Like

Viswanathan Bala Giving freedom ? i didnt get u .. be more specific
Yesterday at 19:37 · Like

Achuthan Raman Chari ‎Viswanathan chup re pakao... u want explanation; call me.. saala boring to type here. :P
Yesterday at 19:39 · Like ·  1 person

Diana Titus den change ur attitude ...u mite love it >:(
Yesterday at 19:40 · Like

Achuthan Raman Chari ‎Diana please read it fully before commenting :@ *IGNORANCE IS NOT BLISS* :@
23 hours ago · Like

Siddharth Sampath ‎Achuthan Raman Chari : f*** off
22 hours ago · Like

Achuthan Raman Chari ‎Siddharth Sampath u fk off... MY WALL MY POST :@.. unfriend ur FKING SELF IF U DONT WANNA C :@
21 hours ago · Like

Siddharth Sampath ‎:P ur a traitor :P
21 hours ago · Like

Achuthan Raman Chari if by posting this am a traitor. so be it.. PROUD TO BE ONE.. \o/ :P
21 hours ago · Like

Siddharth Sampath ada pavi :( :( no words to tell u anything :P
21 hours ago · Unlike ·  1 person

Inference:

We the Indians have just used and abused the country to such a point that we have absolutely no patriotism left whatsoever and Independence and Republic day have become just a festival. Just as we dont think about Diwali, Christmas or Eid the whole year but only on the particular day we wish others, in the same way we have 1000's of status updates and texts and then we comfortably forget about it for another year. Just as in the case of Diwali we find the crackers strewn across the roads, here we have our Tricolour down. If India was God and my comments deemed blasphemous then yes am an atheist. But one thing is certain that this much criticised atheist thinks about that very God and does more than much of His devout theist followers generally do. People say "Tune kya kiya hai desh ke liye?/What have you done for the country?", because it make them apparently cool in vox populi. But what they fail to understand it that it is no longer cool to just keep blabbering. In the recent on-going test series when India was 0-2 down, I wrote on my wall that Indian cricket was in the dumps and I was looking forward to a whitewash. All true Indian cricket lovers agreed with me and were with me in offering brickbats to the team (but all of us supported INDIA in the 3rd test) while the nouveau-cricket-likers were all up in arms against me. I see a parallel here. They think so much about country and end up doing nothing. We don't need to live 100years to be remembered for ages. Just living one day for others will make us immortal in the annals of history. 

  [] How many of the above commented self-proclaimed-patriots know the starting lines of the Preamble and when it was adopted? (for all u lesser IQ-ed mortals let me enlighten, it was done on 26th November 1949 and not 26th January 1950)
  [] How many of us have ever thought about the surrounding?
  [] How many never throw litter down but only in the bin?
  [] How many of us give blood regularly? 
  [] How of us give our children/ young cousins value based TV viewing content like Jataka tales/ Panchatantra/ Ramayan etc. Instead of Shinchan and Doremon?
  [] How many actually close the taps in public when they see it running waste?
  [] How many give lift to absolute strangers in autos who we come to know are travelling to the same destination as us?

[trivia] I do all of the above except the blood donation due to health reasons [\trivia]

I have been in the receiving as well as the giving end of the auto paradigm and trust me it makes your day in both the cases. We don't need to give our lives to be patriot. Just make your surrounding a better place to live in and the country will be a better place automatically.

Highlight of the article: 65years on I still cant have my say on India and say am a proud Indian all in one single statement. (with only one person talking sensibly and trying to make me understand his point)

:'(  :@


P.S. I wrote a poem on the Republic day this year that will i think sum-up the whole scenario. Click here.

No comments: